SECTION 1 – WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at support@ChakraBlog.com
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 – WOOCOMMERCE
Our store is built on WooCommerce. They provide us with an online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 – COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least of legal age in your state or province of residence, or that you are of legal age in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
SECTION 10 – CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS AND CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. The following section and rights contained within only apply to you if you are a California resident.
We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, unique personal identifiers, and IP address;
- Geolocation data;
- Commercial information, such as your purchase activity on our site;
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, such as your interactions with this site, your browser, and your operating system;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as gender and age;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Inference data, such as data about your preferences.
Most of the personal information that we collect is information that you provide to us directly by entering information into a form on our website or through direct communications, such as by email or telephone. We may also collect personal information:
- Directly from a third party, such as credit reporting agencies;
- From a third party with your consent, such as your bank;
- From cookies on our website;
- Through our IT systems, such as automated monitoring of our website and the means by which you access our website.
We use your personal information for the following reasons:
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, as well as verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair intended functionality of this website and related systems;
- Performing commercial services, including providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, and processing payments.
We do not sell your personal information. Your personal information may be shared with third-party vendors in order to perform certain functions on our behalf.
We routinely share personal information with:
- Service providers we use to help deliver our products to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, and delivery companies;
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business, such as marketing agencies or website hosts;
- Third parties approved by you, including social media sites you choose to link your account to or third-party payment providers;
- Credit reporting agencies;
- Our insurers and brokers; and
- Our bank[s].
You have the right to know the categories of personal information we have collected, the methods that we have used to collect your personal information, why we collect your personal information, the types of third parties that we share your personal information with, and the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information from our records and/or direct any service providers that we work with to delete your personal information from their records. We may not delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provider by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Enough information so that we can identify you, such as your full name or your order number.
- Proof of your identity, such as a copy of your driver’s license.
- A description of which right you wish to exercise.
We are not obligated to response to your request if we cannot verify your identity or verify that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the individual whose information is being requested. Any personal information we collect as part of the request process will be used solely for the purposes of verification. Note that we are not required to respond to any requests made by other means other than those previously stated, nor are we required to respond to you more than twice in a twelve-month period.
You have the right to not be discriminated against by us as a result of exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. Discrimination includes, but is not limited to, refusing to sell goods, charging different prices for goods, providing a different quality of goods, or suggesting that we will take any of preceding actions. We are permitted to charge a difference price if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your personal information.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at support@ChakraBlog.com.